The Full Spectrum – SPF & Sun Protection Must-Haves
Join Dr. Danielle Belardo and her expert of the week, board certified dermatologist and the internet’s favorite skincare myth buster, Dr. Ranella Hirsch. Today’s episode addresses some of the biggest and longest-standing misconceptions about sunscreen. They share their SPF and sun protection must-haves and why the most important thing is to find a product that works for you.
Danielle and Ranella discuss:
- How often you should apply sunscreen and how much you really need
- Whether makeup with SPF protects your skin and how to layer your products
- Common misconceptions about SPF, water resistant sunscreen, and the UV index
- The latest hot topic that sunscreen makes you vitamin D deficient—is it true?
- Differences between mineral, chemical, and DIY sunscreens
Dr. Ranella Hirsch is a board certified dermatologist highly sought after by media for her expertise in the fields of cosmetic and laser dermatology. She often lectures to physicians in the fields of laser surgery and cosmetic dermatology and is currently involved in a number of clinical studies of laser technologies and skin care. She’s also recognized as a leading mythbuster on Instagram, where she can be found as @RanellaMD. She is the co-founder of Atolla Skin, which was acquired last year by Function of Beauty.
Thank you to our sponsors for making this episode possible. Check out these deals just for you:
COZY EARTH - Go to cozyearth.com and enter WELLNESS at checkout to SAVE thirty-five
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices