The Marathon Continues
DISCLAIMER: Please be advised that this week's episode contains conversations about abuse & domestic violence.
This week, your hosts Bridget Kelly & Mandii B recap about big milestone moments in their lives.
Bridget shares what it was like to complete her first marathon ( 26.2 miles) while proudly rocking her medal throughout the episode (3:00 ). She talks about what was on her mind for the ~6 hours she was running, what it meant for her to finally hit that finish line (6:00 ), and ending the night with her surprise proposal (20:00 ).
Mandii B talks about her trip to Colombia to fix her teeth (23:00 ), how cartel movies influenced her perspective of the country (25:00 ), and the surprise on Mandii’s face when she realized the Colombian “Hamburguesas” was apparently only in America (27:00 ).
Later the ladies talk about:
- The aftermath of Twitter's new verification process & its influence on Black Twitter (42:00 )
- Meg The Stallion receiving writing credits on the “Her Loss” album (53:00 )
- Vogue sues Drake & 21 Savage (57:00 )
- The ridiculous Republican theory about sing women and the Democratic Party "brainwash pipeline" (1:13:00 )
- Dave Chappells’s feature on Saturday Night Live (1:27:00 )
- Johnny Depp X Fenty collaboration 🚨 (1:42:00 )
Freshly Squeezed: New Music (1:55:00 ):
- Double Back - Coco Jones (1:57:00 )
- My Way- Maleek Berry (2:00:00 )
- FOREVER - Jessie Reyez Ft 6LACK (2:03:00 )
Sign up for the official “See The Thing Is…” PATREON for EXCLUSIVE access & additional content: www.patreon.com/seethethingispod
NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDdNnbwgSEpZUj6fJNozz4w
Advertise with us on Gumball: https://gumball.fm/shows/see-the-thing-is/61781b15b8db6d491d3