The Murder of Dave Laut
This week we’re discussing the murder of Dave Laut, a renowned Olympian whose life was tragically cut short by his wife, Jane Laut. Although the police quickly identified Jane as the perpetrator, a lingering question emerged: Was this an act of self-defense or a premeditated, cold-blooded murder?
Thank you to our sponsors!
Treat yourself to the best shapewear on the market and save 20% Off at honeylove.com/MOMS20.
This episode is sponsored by BetterHelp. Give online therapy a try at betterhelp.com/MOMS and get on your way to being your best self.
Listen and subscribe to Melissa’s other podcast, Criminality!! It’s the podcast for those who love reality TV, true crime, and want to hear all the juicy stories where the two genres intersect. Subscribe and listen here: www.pod.link/criminality
Check-out Moms and Mysteries to find links to our tiktok, youtube, twitter, instagram and more!
Make sure you subscribe and rate our show to help others find us!
California Inmate Locator
- Worley, Judge David R., “The People v. Jane Laut”, Court of Appeals of California, 2019
- Totten, Gregory D., “News Release”, Ventura County District Attorney, 2016
- Totten, Gregory D., “Term Report”, Ventura County District Attorney, 2015-2018
- N/A, “Dave Laut”, Legacy, 2009
- N/A, “Woman who killed Olympian…”, CBS News, 2016
- Moriarty, Erin, “Linger questions…”, CBS News, 2016
- Miller, Michael E., “An Olympic medalist…”, The Washington Post, 2016
- Moriarty, Erin, “Death of an Olympian”, CBS News, 2016
- N/A, “Wife of slain…”, The Associated Press, 2010
- Lehr, Tracy, “Jane Laut’s only child…”, KEYT, 2022
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices