Trinny Woodall: How She Went From Drug Addict To Building A $300m Business Empire!
Age is bulls**t! From ‘What Not To Wear’ to a skincare and make-up empire, Trinny proves energy is everything.
In this new episode, Steven sits down with fashion guru and CEO, Trinny Woodall
Trinny became a household in 2001 as co-host for the makeover TV series ‘What Not To Wear’, this continued for 5 seasons and earned a Royal Television Society Award. In 2017, Trinny launched her direct-to-consumer beauty brand, Trinny London, this has been recognised as one of the fastest-growing brands in Europe.
In this conversation Trinny and Steven discuss topics, such as:
- Having to look out for herself as a child
- Taking drugs to hide a lack of confidence and self-worth
- Drug addiction and deciding to become sober
- Being kicked out of rehab
- Why changing perspectives is her drug
- Working in The City and faking being successful
- Walking away from a job she hated
- Breaking into television and household fame
- Separating her work and personal life
- Why she hates the term 'imposter syndrome'
- Starting a tech business
- Her first business failing after a year
- What she looks for when she hires people
- How energy trumps a CV
- Overcoming her ex-husbands suicide
- Why in business you should do only what you can do
- Her motivation to start Trinny London
- Selling everything she had to start Trinny London
- The power of the Trinny Tribe
- Why age doesn't matter
You can purchase Trinny's new book, 'Fearless' here: https://amzn.to/40ENwSn
You can purchase all of Trinny London’s products here: https://bit.ly/3LhIc0G
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices