Turn Your Memory from Average to Extraordinary with Memory Champion Lynne Kelly!!!
If you’ve ever wanted to remember things better, then do we have the Memory Craft show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Lynne Kelly, the queen of memory, a senior memory champion, science writer, anthropologist, and the author of a brilliant book on the most amazing memory techniques, “Memory Craft.”
And that’s just what I want to talk with her about today, about how to improve your memory with the most powerful methods in history, from medieval bestiaries to Tibetan mandalas.
Key Points Discussed:
- Does modern man have the best memory of all time, and how was your memory growing up? (03:26)
- How old were you when you went back to school, and when did you realize that learning about memory is cool? (05:10)
- How the mind can get stronger at any age as long as we are working it (07:40)
- Two powerful mind strengthening methods from medieval Europe that we can learn (08:20)
- Using obscene images to remember things: The Thomas Bradwardine technique (11:29)
- How do we use the alphabet to help create a speech if we don’t want to have that list in front of us? (14:54)
- The way bestiaries help people in memorizing names (16:40)
- Creating memory palaces and how Lynne’s mum influenced her to visit Stonehenge (20:15)
- What to know about the key things we can use to create our own memory palaces (25:27)
- What can you tell us about the stories of indigenous culture and how incredible is the amount of knowledge that has been carried forward for thousands of years? (31:10)
- How every child needs a lot of land that they can call their own and connect with (40:53)
- The importance of drawing things out (creating a mind map) instead of listing them (49:17)
- Are exceptional memorizers made or born? (53:29)
- Improving our memory through making beaded bracelets and necklaces, and the legality of taking such ornaments into school (1:00:03)
- Do kids have a better ability to learn languages than we do as adults? (1:04:03)
For free meditations, weekly tips, stories, and similar shows visit: www.InspireNationShow.com
To support the show and get even more great tools, tips, and behind-the-scenes access, visit: www.Patreon.com/InspireNation
And to follow Inspire Nation (and the lives of Michael and Jessica) on Instagram, go to www.Instagram.com/InspireNationLive
And to follow Inspire Nation on Tik Tok simply go to InspireNationShow on Tik Tok