Unleashing Your True Potential: Finding Confidence and Fulfillment with Laura Gassner Otting
- Unshakable confidence is the key to success and happiness — no compromises!
- Ready to find the right ladder? Why you should define your success, align with your calling, and connect your actions to your goals
- Remember, personal growth means priorities change
- Imposter syndrome is common. You're not alone.
- Break the cycle of pretending to be confident. Open up and have real conversations.
In This Episode:
- [04:24 ] Is it worth going to Wonderhell?
- [06:32 ] Tactical steps to go from the wrong ladder to the right ladder
- [07:09 ] Defining success and consonance
- [09:41 ] Prioritizing personal definition of success
- [11:02 ] New levels equal new devils
- [11:22 ] Imposter syndrome and self-perception
- [13:20 ] The looking-glass self-theory
- [17:51 ] Following your passion vs investing in your passion
- [18:39 ] Laura’s biggest flops or face-plants
- [19:40 ] Laura’s story on the importance of being a grown-up business lady
- [25:06 ] Managing burnout and realizing your importance
- [31:20 ] How to build unshakable confidence
- [05:16 ] “If what you're pursuing is somebody else's version of success, then the answer's no, it's not worth all of it. But if you're pursuing your own, then actually the stress of the uncertainty, the anxiety, and the envy and all those things are actually not crappy feelings, they're actually signs that we're on the right track because we're living in that discomfort that we know is the only path to growth.” – Laura
- [13:00 ] “Every time we achieve something we haven't achieved before, we find ourselves in a room we've never been in before. And then we think we're impostors because we're like I didn't expect to be here, people are going to find out. But it turns out that everybody else in that room also didn't expect to be there either.” – Laura
- [13:32 ] “We're not who we think we are, we're not who others think we are. We're who we think others think we are.” – Laura
- [16:58 ] “In the end, I think we have to remind ourselves that, you know, we're so afraid not to be perfect, and we're so afraid to fail. But in every one of our moments of growth, it's come out of failure.” – Laura
- [22:58 ] “If you want to get past impostor syndrome, the best way to do that is to teach somebody something that you've already done.” – Laura
Laura Gassner Otting is a Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author, keynote speaker, and Executive Coach. Laura’s debut book, Limitless reached #2 on The Washington Post Bestseller List. She is also the author of Wonderhell which was released in April 2023. With a 30-year entrepreneurial career, including serving in Bill Clinton's White House, Laura has a wealth of expertise. She has appeared on Good Morning America, TODAY Show, Harvard Business Review, and Oprah Daily. Recognized for her ability to see greatness in others, Laura is an instigator, motivator, and provocateur.
Resources and Links
Laura Gassner Otting
- Limitless: How to Ignore Everybody, Carve your Own Path, and Live Your Best Life - https://www.amazon.com/Limitless-Ignore-Everybody-Carve-your/dp/1940858763
- Wonderhell: Why Success Doesn't Feel Like It Should . . . and What to Do About It - https://www.amazon.com/Wonderhell-Success-Doesnt-Should-About/dp/1646871227