What Your Hair and Skin says About Your Health w/ Dr. Andrea Echeverry & Safety of Sushi KB | Heal Thy Self w/ Dr. G | Ep 202
Dr. Andrea Echeverry joins the show to to talk all about scalp and hair health.
- How is hair an indicator of our health?
- What foods are important for our hair quality?
- What is the fungus on our scalp that is causing hair loss?
- What does it feed on?
- Should we shampoo our hair daily?
- What should we use instead of shampoo?
- Why do we see so much eczema in children?
- Skin biome products are not necessary.
- How chemicals in the shower cause acne and bacne.
- How multiple showers a day effect our skin health.
- Should we shower every morning?
- Why hot water on the head and hair is most damaging.
- Do we need shower filter?
- How to optimize your scalp biome.
- How to tell if your hair quality is poor.
- How to be in tune with the body more.
- What is the percent breakdown for best hair?
- What foods are most important for healthy hair?
- Should we use scalp massagers on our head?
Knowledge Bomb: Listen to this if you love fish or sushi! Dr. G goes in on the science of fish/raw fish and parasites.
- How eating raw fish has boomed.
- What is a parasite?
- How common is it?
- Marine parasites are increasing?
- Signs and symptoms of parasites?
- How to protect yourself when eating fish/raw fish.
Dr. Andrea Echeverry is a lifelong biologist with a specialty in microbial pathogenesis and chronic low level inflammation. She developed the first neonatal mouse model of intestinal infection using fully pathogenic human-isolated strains of Yersinia enterocolitica. Despite having made many discoveries and after a decade in academic research, she decided to become independent to pursue her own scientific interests in gut and skin microbiome. This led her to become a hair loss specialist. This field allows her to study microbiome interactions in the smallest human organ, the hair follicle.
She's an expert in hair transplant scar camouflaging using scalp micropigmentation & biocompatible hair implantation. With these techniques, she changes cosmetically patients suffering from hair loss or hair thinning due to gut and skin dysbiosis, and environmental factors.
#trichology #hairloss #dysbiosis #bacteriaisthenewblack
#alopecia #eczema #psoriasis #seborrheicdermatitis #scalpmicrobiomeresearch #biomefriendly
I love my Birch mattress, and I think you would too. If you’re looking for a new bed, check out Birch. You can click the link below or go to birchliving.com/healthyself and get off 20% off your mattress + 2 free pillows. If you’re looking for a mattress for your little ones, also check out the new Birch Kids line!
Athletic Greens is going to give you a FREE 1 year supply of immune-supporting Vitamin D AND 5 FREE travel packs with your first purchase. All you have to do is visit athleticgreens.com/healthyself. Again, that is athleticgreens.com/healthyself to take ownership over your health and pick up the ultimate daily nutritional insurance!
Visit wisdommedicine.com today and use the promo code DOCTORG for $100 off a testing package."
Right now LMNT is offering my listeners a free sample pack with any purchase. That’s 8 single serving packets FREE with any LMNT order. This is a great way to try all 8 flavors or share LMNT with a salty friend. Get yours at DrinkLMNT.com/DRG. This deal is only available through my link. You must go to DRINKLMNT.com/DRG LMNT offers no questions asked refunds. Try it totally risk-free. If you don’t like it they will give your money back, no questions asked. You have nothing to lose!
Be sure to like and subscribe to #healthyself
Hosted by Doctor Christian Gonzalez N.D.
Follow Doctor G on Instagram @doctor.gonzalez