Where Roe Shows Up on Your Ballot
Abortion access is on the midterm ballot in more ways than one, from state measures restricting and expanding rights to federal races that will decide the future of nationwide legislation like Senator Lindsey Graham’s abortion ban bill. Andy talks with reproductive rights lawyer Fatima Goss Graves and activist Kimberly Inez McGuire about what’s at stake this November and how your vote impacts the future of body autonomy.
Keep up with Andy on Twitter @ASlavitt.
Joining Lemonada Premium is a great way to support our show and get bonus content. Subscribe today at bit.ly/lemonadapremium.
Support the show by checking out our sponsors!
- CVS Health helps people navigate the healthcare system and their personal healthcare by improving access, lowering costs and being a trusted partner for every meaningful moment of health. At CVS Health, healthier happens together. Learn more at cvshealth.com.
- Click this link for a list of current sponsors and discount codes for this show and all Lemonada shows: https://lemonadamedia.com/sponsors/
Check out these resources from today’s episode:
- Read Fatima’s State Playbook for Gender Justice: https://nwlc.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/State-Playbook-for-Gender-Justice.pdf
- Learn more about Kimberly’s organization, URGE: https://urge.org/
- Learn about self-managed medication abortion: https://abortiononourownterms.org/
- Find vaccines, masks, testing, treatments, and other resources in your community: https://www.covid.gov/
- Order Andy’s book, “Preventable: The Inside Story of How Leadership Failures, Politics, and Selfishness Doomed the U.S. Coronavirus Response”: https://us.macmillan.com/books/9781250770165
Stay up to date with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram at @LemonadaMedia.
For additional resources, information, and a transcript of the episode, visit lemonadamedia.com/show/inthebubble.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.