Why You Should Never Underestimate Biden (with Jennifer Rubin)
Despite what the Republican talking points say, the latest debt ceiling crisis ended in another victory for President Joe Biden. Washington Post opinion writer Jennifer Rubin tells Andy why she believes that Biden might be having one of the most effective presidencies of all time, even outpacing Obama. Andy asks if Speaker Kevin McCarthy reigned in the far right and if centrism is making a comeback. Plus, Rubin explains why Ron DeSantis makes a lousy candidate for the GOP in 2024.
Keep up with Andy on Post and Twitter @ASlavitt.
Follow @JRubinBlogger on Twitter.
Joining Lemonada Premium is a great way to support our show and get bonus content. Subscribe today at bit.ly/lemonadapremium.
Support the show by checking out our sponsors!
- Click this link for a list of current sponsors and discount codes for this show and all Lemonada shows: https://lemonadamedia.com/sponsors/
Check out these resources from today’s episode:
- Read Jennifer’s piece “Biden’s underrated deal-making prowess strikes again”
- Show your friends how much you value “Actual Fact, Actual Experts” with this ITB hat, mug and t-shirt!
- Find vaccines, masks, testing, treatments, and other resources in your community: https://www.covid.gov/
- Order Andy’s book, “Preventable: The Inside Story of How Leadership Failures, Politics, and Selfishness Doomed the U.S. Coronavirus Response”: https://us.macmillan.com/books/9781250770165
Stay up to date with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram at @LemonadaMedia.
For additional resources, information, and a transcript of the episode, visit lemonadamedia.com/show/inthebubble.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.