Why it’s a struggle to be vulnerable
Vulnerability can be scary—even for meditation coaches. So Ofosu and Leah talk about how they've overcome that fear and why being vulnerable is important to grow. They also share their tips to help you embrace vulnerability and confidently ask for what you need.
📣 We want to hear from you! What do you like, not like, and want more of on the Well Balanced podcast? Share your feedback here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WB_March?user_id=
▶️ You can watch the latest episode on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/brDne6bgS-s
🎧 What's in this episode:
- (00:00 ) A Well Balanced listener asks, "How can we learn to be vulnerable?"
- (00:57 ) Leah's experience breaking through the fear of vulnerability
- (03:55 ) The power of vulnerability
- (05:10 ) Is being vulnerable counterintuitive?
- (05:59 ) Ofosu's experience of being vulnerable in hip-hop culture
- (08:07 ) Being vulnerable on social media
- (08:40 ) Letting go of perfectionism
- (09:36 ) When vulnerability doesn't come easy
- (11:26 ) What vulnerability is not and why we armor ourselves
- (11:56 ) Expressing yourself freely
- (13:26 ) How to notice what you need (and ask for it)
🧘 About Balance: Well Balanced is co-hosted by Ofosu and Leah, Balance’s Co-Heads of Meditation. Balance is a highly personalized meditation and sleep app that's been named Google's App of the Year and Apple's App of the Day. Completely free for the entire first year, Balance is helping 5 million+ people around the world improve their stress, sleep, focus, and mood. Unlock your free year of Balance today by downloading it from the App Store or Play Store: https://balanceapp.sng.link/Arat1/yqod/dyc1