#16: Ginger Hansen
Ginger Hansen is an award-winning acupuncturist, herbal medicine practitioner & health coach with 12+ years of clinical experience in Traditional Chinese Medicine.
In this episode, Ginger shares how she went from chronically ill to thriving better than ever before, citing potatoes and other whole foods as the revolutionary key to her health. She is currently working on her book, ‘The 5 Health Profiles’.
Ginger also speaks about:
-How fasting restores your cardiovascular health
-What she eats and why
-The science behind acupuncture and its healing benefits
-What cupping therapy is and how it works
-Her thoughts on cold plunges and the carnivore diet
-The spiritual experience of Burning Man
-The specific herbs and supplements that made her ab lines sharper
-The world of Oriental Medicine and streamlining the patient process
-The Standard American Diet (SAD) and processed foods as the cause of obesity, and what to do to fix it
Ginger's Charitable Cause:
You Are The Angel: a nonprofit working with local communities and businesses to support relief efforts in Ukraine and Haiti.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- The Diet Cure by Julia Ross
- The Potato Hack: Weight Loss Simplified by Tim Steele
- 80/20 Running: Run Stronger and Race Faster by Training Slower by Matt Fitzgerald
- Eat to Live: The Amazing Nutrient-Rich Program for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.
- The Miracle of Fasting by Paul Bragg
Connect with Ginger on social: