2022 COUNTDOWN: #3
Ep. 108: From 13% to 100% Literacy Proficiency with School Leader Angie Hanlin
Angie Hanlin, current Superintendent in Wisconsin, led her former school from 13% to 100% reading proficiency. How? Angie shifted the focus from TEACHING to LEARNING. She worked alongside her school teams with a relentless, laser-like focus on data, asking questions such as: Who is making progress? Who’s not? What are we going to do about it? Radical acceptance of the data helped educators move forward and put aside blame and shame. Key takeaway: All means ALL!
- Ep. 98: Improving Student Reading Growth in Months with Fluency Instruction and Practice
- Ep. 62: Effective Fluency Instruction with Tim Rasinski
- Ep. 63: Kindergarten Teacher Reaches 100% Success Using Evidence-Based Practices
- Ep. 103: From Workshop Model to Reading Science in Pentucket
- Instructional strategies for 7 early literacy pillars by Patti Montgomery, Schools Cubed
- Developing Assessment-Capable Visible Learners Grades K-12: Maximizing Skill, Will, and Thrill
- How Principals Affect Students and Schools: A Systematic Synthesis of Two Decades of Research by The Wallace Foundation
- The Reading Brain by the Center for Reading and Language Research, including Maryanne Wolf
Connect with Melissa & Lori
Visit our website to subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
Helping teachers learn about science of reading, knowledge building, and high quality curriculum.