30 years of Debian
This week we’re talking with Jonathan Carter who’s on his fourth term as Debian Project Lead (DPL) and we’re talking about 30 years of Debian!
Changelog++ members get a bonus 12 minutes at the end of this episode and zero ads. Join today!
- Sentry – Watch Lazar Nikolov’s livestream series on YouTube at youtube.com/@nikolovlazar. Use the code
changelogand get the team plan FREE for three (3) months.
- Tailscale – Simple, secure networks for teams of any scale. Built on WireGuard.
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com
- Fly.io – The home of Changelog.com — Deploy your apps and databases close to your users. In minutes you can run your Ruby, Go, Node, Deno, Python, or Elixir app (and databases!) all over the world. No ops required. Learn more at fly.io/changelog and check out the speedrun in their docs.
- Jonathan Carter – Mastodon, LinkedIn, Website
- Adam Stacoviak – Mastodon, Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Mastodon, Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- A Brief History of Debian
- Debian Free Software Guidelines
- The Debian Free Software Guidelines (DFSG)
- DPL Platform (2022)
- Debian project leaders
- About Debian
- Software in the Public Interest (SPI)
- Changelog Interviews #237: Reproducible builds and secure software
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!