462: How vision can help anxiety, motion sickness & more | Optometrist Bryce Appelbaum, O.D., FCOVD
Bryce Appelbaum, O.D., FCOVD: “Vision problems are brain problems.”
Bryce, a board-certified optometrist, joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss how to actually strengthen and protect your vision (way beyond blue light blockers), plus:
- Bryce’s background in vision therapy (~00:28 )
- How vision impacts physical performance (~04:54 )
- The difference between vision & eyesight (~07:06 )
- The link between vision health & ADHD diagnoses (~11:28 )
- Why you should engage in vision breaks (~17:22 )
- How to protect your vision during the workday (~20:59 )
- How to use lighting & posture to enhance your vision (~25:09 )
- How to implement the 20-20-20 rule into your every day (~29:13 )
- Sneaky signs you may have an eyesight issue (~35:44 )
- Why some people aren’t the best at eye contact (~40:58 )
- Vision exercises for reducing anxiety (~45:08 )
- How often you should perform vision exercises (~51:22 )
- The relationship between fitness, nutrition & vision health (~55:10 )
- How to activate your vestibular system & overcome motion sickness (~01:00:29 )
- How much natural light you need for optimal vision health (~01:03:41 )
- The role of vision therapy in concussion recovery (~01:06:53 )
- One thing you should do every day for better vision (~01:09:38 )
Referenced in the episode:
- Check out Bryce's website.
- Follow Bryce on Instagram.
- A study on screen usage & reduced blink rate.
- Check out Bryce's vision training program.
- Check out Bryce's Concussion Clear program.
- Visit VisionHelp, an advocacy group to raise awareness about treatable vision problems.
- Shop mbg's eye health+.
- Sign up for The Long Game.
Take 20% off our holiday collection with code HOLIDAY20. Cannot combine with gift cards or other discount codes. Apply code at checkout.
We hope you enjoy this episode, and feel free to watch the full video on YouTube! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: email@example.com.