465: How to change your brain to get what you want | Neuroscientist Tara Swart Bieber, M.D., Ph.D.
Tara Swart Bieber, M.D., Ph.D.: “Take small steps towards the things that you want.”
Tara, a neuroscientist, former medical doctor, and bestselling author, joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss how to actually change your brain chemistry to achieve what you want this year, plus:
- Tara’s background and professional work (~00:31 )
- How tara started writing about the law of attraction (~01:59 )
- The science of visualization & manifestation (~04:27 )
- A 4-step process to manifest your goals (~09:44 )
- Why an abundance mindset is critical for manifesting (~14:52 )
- Why you can’t manifest without taking action (~22:21 )
- How to know when to let go of a goal (~25:51 )
- How to strengthen your manifesting muscles (~27:47 )
- How to interact with the universe (~32:06 )
- How your relationships can help & harm your goals (~34:08 )
- How your hormones affect the law of attraction (~36:21 )
- Why you should manifest smaller goals this year (~38:45 )
- How purpose impacts your goals (~42:52 )
- How to know if you’re good at manifesting (~49:55 )
- How sleep posture affects your brain health (~51:41 )
- How to manifest a good night’s sleep (~53:18 )
- How to change your brain & reinvent your life (~56:59 )
Referenced in the episode:
- Tara's book, The Source.
- Check out Tara's wind down routine on mbg.
- The best sleep position for brain health.
- Tara's IG Reel on sleep posture.
- Tara's podcast, Reinvent Yourself with Dr. Tara.
- mbg Podcast episode #457, with Courtney Peterson, Ph.D.
- Read more about the Tetris effect.
- Check out the song Tara co-wrote, "Carry On."
- Sign up for The Long Game.
Take 20% off focus+ with code FOCUSPOD. Cannot combine with gift cards or other discount codes. Apply code at checkout.
We hope you enjoy this episode, and feel free to watch the full video on YouTube! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices