484: The best fasting tips for women | IF expert Cynthia Thurlow, N.P.
“So many of us walk around clinically dehydrated, we don't even realize it," says Cynthia Thurlow, N.P.
Cynthia, a nurse practitioner, bestselling author, and globally recognized expert in intermittent fasting, joins us to discuss her functional nutrition tips for sustainable, long-term health, plus:
- Cynthia’s background & personal health journey (~02:09 )
- Why burnout is so common among nurse practitioners (~10:57 )
- How Cynthia became an expert in intermittent fasting (~17:27 )
- How she defines intermittent fasting & time-restricted eating (~20:59 )
- How long you should wait in between meals (~23:10 )
- How to get enough protein while intermittent fasting (~26:00 )
- How to build & maintain muscle mass (~30:48 )
- What Cynthia eats in a day for metabolic health (~38:51 )
- Why she prioritizes salt in her diet (~45:09 )
- How to gauge your tolerance to fat (~46:31 )
- Why more women need to consider taking creatine (~51:08 )
- The best nutrients for a good night’s sleep (~54:22 )
Order a copy of my new book The Joy Of Well-Being at thejoyofwellbeing.com!
Referenced in the episode:
- Cynthia's book, Intermittent Fasting Transformation.
- The Unhealthy Truth, by Robyn O'Brien.
- Enroll in mbg's health coaching program.
- Watch Cynthia's viral TED talks.
- Cynthia's creatine powder.
- mbg Podcast episode #466, with Don Layman, Ph.D.
- mbg Podcast episode #436, with Gabrielle Lyon, D.O.
- Sign up for The Long Game.
We hope you enjoy this episode sponsored by Nerdwallet, and feel free to watch the full video on YouTube! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices