488: How to improve your memory & focus | Memory coach Jim Kwik
“There’s no such thing as a good or bad memory. There's a trained memory and an untrained memory," says Jim Kwik.
Jim, a leading expert in brain optimization, memory improvement, and accelerated learning, joins us to discuss how to enhance your brain power, plus:
- Jim’s powerful brain heath journey (~02:03 )
- Practices that help Jim become a leader in brain optimization (~08:25 )
- Why we’ve been taught to learn all wrong (~16:24 )
- The 10 keys for a more focused brain (~22:06 )
- How to boost your reaction time by 30% (~28:40 )
- The health benefits of cleaning your space (~34:33 )
- Why you should be a lifelong learner (~37:45 )
- Sneaky & common habits hurting your memory (~39:48 )
- Is AI helping or hurting our brain health? (~47:22 )
- How to know if you have digital dementia (~48:57 )
- How to improve your selective memory (~52:54 )
- A trick to remember people’s names (~57:25 )
- The best learning & memorization tips by decade (~01:02:43 )
- The health benefits of reading (~01:04:44 )
- How to identify your unique brain type (~01:07:51 )
Order a copy of my new book The Joy Of Well-Being at thejoyofwellbeing.com!
Referenced in the episode:
- Listen to Colleen & I on Jim's podcast.
- Research on a clean environment & mental clarity.
- Sign up for Jim's speed reading masterclass.
- Learn more about Jim's memory courses.
- Visit jimkwik.com/mindbodygreen to take a free brain archetype quiz.
- Sign up for The Long Game.
We hope you enjoy this episode, and feel free to watch the full video on YouTube! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: email@example.com.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices