88. Fighting for our Country while Longing to be Female
Haley Holm is a veteran air force pilot. She completed 22 combat missions in Afghanistan. But during this time, Haley was known as Jim. Jim was described by friends as a very masculine man from a military family. But Jim had a secret. He longed to be female. How does a person find the courage to explore a new identity in one of the most male dominated workplaces in the world? For Haley…it was one sock at a time.
In this episode:
- Haley’s first memories of questioning her gender.
- Joining the Airforce and finishing at the top of the class.
- Stepping out as Haley for the first time and navigating this new identity.
- Letting go of her biological family and gaining a new support system.
- What it means to belong and provide a safe space for others.
Stay connected to Haley on Instagram @haley_go_lightly
This episode is benefitting The Paseo Project.
VOTE for us to win a 2023 Signal Award!
If you enjoy listening to the show and find value and inspiration in the stories you hear, we hope you'll consider supporting our work and becoming an All The Wiser member.
As a thank you for your support, we give you early, ad free access, exclusive content, Zoom meetups with Kimi and the team, and much more. Join us and BECOME A MEMBER ON PATREON!
Or contribute what you can by making a custom pledge.
Follow the show at @allthewiserpodcast on Instagram.
Keep the conversation going! Join our new Facebook group and connect with other listeners like you!
Stay in the know with all things All The Wiser! Sign up for our newsletter for personal reflections from Kimi, new episodes, and recommendations from our team!
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy