A Jazz Mystery, Solved
After more than two years, a Strong Songs jazz mystery is finally solved.
Thanks to listener (and outro soloist) Jeff Bean, who finally cracked the case of the mysterious lick played by Clifford Brown, Lee Morgan, and may others. I can finally sleep at night.
FEATURED ON THIS EPISODE:
- "Moanin" by Bobby Timmons recorded by Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers for Moanin', 1958
- "Jordu" by Duke Jordon recorded by the Clifford Brown quintet, 1954
- "Seranade to a Cukoo" by the Rahsaan Roland Kirk quartet from I Talk With Spirits, 1964
- "All This and Heaven Too" by Jimmy Van Heusen with lyrics by Eddie Delange, performed by the Tommy Dorsey ORchestra feat. Frank Sinatra in 1940
- “Fly Me To The Moon” by Bart Howard, recorded by Frank Sinatra with the Count Basie Orchestra on It Might As Well Be Swing, 1964
SUPPORT STRONG SONGS
Paypalme/kirkhamiltonmusic | Patreon.com/strongsongs
@StrongSongs | @Kirkhamilton | IG: @Kirk_Hamilton
JOIN THE DISCORD
THE STRONG SONGS PLAYLIST
Spotify | Apple Music | YouTube Music