AI and Coding with ChatGPT
In this episode of Syntax, Wes and Scott talk about the current landscape of AI, how AI is trained, is AI going to take your job, who’s going to train AI, and adding AI to your applications.
If you want to know what’s happening with your code, track errors and monitor performance with Sentry. Sentry’s Application Monitoring platform helps developers see performance issues, fix errors faster, and optimize their code health. Cut your time on error resolution from hours to minutes. It works with any language and integrates with dozens of other services. Syntax listeners new to Sentry can get two months for free by visiting Sentry.io and using the coupon code TASTYTREAT during sign up.
- 00:11:10 ">00:11:10 Welcome
- 01:58:01 ">01:58:01 Sponsor: Sentry
- 03:16:05 ">03:16:05 What this episode is not going to be
- 07:36:11 ">07:36:11 The current landscape
- Chat GPT
- GitHub Copilot
- Warp Completions
- Bing AI
- From Bing to Sydney
- Why a Chat with Bing Left Me Deeply Unsettled
- Stable Diffusion
- Amazing AI
- Dall E
- 15:26:11 ">15:26:11 Timeline of growth of AI
- AI Timeline
- 16:24:11 ">16:24:11 What is a model for AI?
- 24:20:11 ">24:20:11 How do you use AI?
- 33:14:00 ">33:14:00 Code brushes
- 35:57:18 ">35:57:18 Midjourney
- 40:13:18 ">40:13:18 Is it going to take your job?
- 50:22:19 ">50:22:19 Cost prohibitive
- 52:26:20 ">52:26:20 Who’s going to train the robots?
- 57:29:12 ">57:29:12 Adding AI to your apps
- 58:50:11 ">58:50:11 SIIIIICK ××× PIIIICKS ×××