AI chat wars, and hacker passwords exposed
AI chatbots are under fire in Las Vegas, the secrets of hackers' passwords are put under the microscope, and Graham reveals (possibly) the greatest TV programme of all time.
All this and more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault.
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
- 100,000 Hackers Exposed from Top Cybercrime Forums - Hudson Rock.
- Prominent Threat Actor Accidentally Infects Own Computer with Info-Stealer - Hudson Rock.
- People coaxed AI into saying 9+10=21 and giving instructions for spying — it shows how these systems are prone to flaws and bias - Business Insider.
- These Women Tried to Warn Us About AI - Rolling Stone.
- Chatbots: Why does White House want hackers to trick AI? - BBC News.
- I, Claudius - BBC iPlayer.
- Drama Connections: I, Claudius - BBC documentary from 2005, on YouTube.
- 'Painkiller' Review: Netflix Series Fails To Capture Opioid Crisis - Variety.
- ”Painkiller” trailer - YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Kolide – Kolide ensures that if your device isn’t secure it can’t access your cloud apps. It’s Device Trust for Okta. Watch the demo today!
- Sysdig – Is your cloud secure? Not without runtime insights! Sysdig delivers the industry’s ONLY complete, consolidated Cloud-Native Application Protection Platform (CNAPP) – powered by runtime insights – to prioritize critical risks and stay ahead of unknown threats. Learn how runtime insights reduces fatigue so developers can focus on delivering software and your security teams can focus on other demands.
- Beyond Identity - Enables companies with the ability to completely eliminate reliance on passwords and protect against password-based breaches, fraud, and ransomware attacks. Get a free demo.
SUPPORT THE SHOW:
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.