AI search at You.com
Neural search and chat-based search are all the rage right now. However, You.com has been innovating in these topics long before ChatGPT. In this episode, Bryan McCann from You.com shares insights related to our mental model of Large Language Model (LLM) interactions and practical tips related to integrating LLMs into production systems.
Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear. Join today!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com
- Fly.io – The home of Changelog.com — Deploy your apps and databases close to your users. In minutes you can run your Ruby, Go, Node, Deno, Python, or Elixir app (and databases!) all over the world. No ops required. Learn more at fly.io/changelog and check out the speedrun in their docs.
- Bryan McCann – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Chris Benson – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Daniel Whitenack – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!
(00:00 ) - Welcome to Practical AI
(00:42 ) - Bryan Mccann
(01:47 ) - What is You.com?
(06:21 ) - What's different in these new algorithms
(09:28 ) - How has the public view changed You.com?
(11:53 ) - Will this change search engines?
(15:19 ) - How will You.com enhance tooling?
(17:41 ) - You and mutli-modality
(21:17 ) - AI tools for the next generation
(26:28 ) - Any wisdom worth sharing?
(29:49 ) - Our future relationship with models
(34:11 ) - Practical tips for practitioners
(38:24 ) - How to get started on You.com
(41:06 ) - Outro