Amazon. No company has impacted the internet — and all of modern life — more than this one. We’ve waited seven years to do this episode, and are so, so excited to finally dive into every nook and cranny of this legendary company. And of course because we’re Acquired and this is Amazon, we couldn’t contain it all to just one episode… even a 4+ hour one! So today we focus on Amazon.com the retail business, and we’ll have another full episode on AWS coming soon. And because all great series are trilogies, to fully understand Amazon we highly recommend starting first with our previous episode on Walmart, which truly is the giant’s shoulder that Jeff Bezos stood upon. Let’s go!!
**Big News** We've got merch! Check it out at https://www.acquired.fm/store !
If you want more Acquired, you can follow our newly public LP Show feed here in the podcast player of your choice (including Spotify!).
- Thank you to our presenting sponsor for all of Season 11, Fundrise! If you’re considering raising a growth round of capital in the next year, you should definitely explore raising some of it with the Fundrise Innovation Fund. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org, and tell them Ben & David sent you. And if you’re an individual looking for exposure to private growth-stage technology companies, you can invest in the Innovation Fund here.
- Thank you as well to Pilot and NZS Capital! You can register for the NZS Talkback here.
- Jeff’s first public Amazon interview
- Our early-Acquired-days interview with Tom Alberg
- Episode sources
- Rick Rubin on the Lex Fridman Podcast
- Ursula Le Guin
- Dissect Season 2 on My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Elden Ring (again)
Note: Acquired hosts and guests may hold assets discussed in this episode. This podcast is not investment advice, and is intended for informational and entertainment purposes only. You should do your own research and make your own independent decisions when considering any financial transactions.