Clean vs Sloppy Code
In this Hasty Treat, Scott and Wes talk about the difference between sloppy code and clean code, how to establish rules for your code base, and how to enforce your rules.
Sentry - Sponsor
If you want to know what’s happening with your code, track errors and monitor performance with Sentry. Sentry’s Application Monitoring platform helps developers see performance issues, fix errors faster, and optimize their code health. Cut your time on error resolution from hours to minutes. It works with any language and integrates with dozens of other services. Syntax listeners new to Sentry can get two months for free by visiting Sentry.io and using the coupon code TASTYTREAT during sign up.
- 00:24 ">00:24 Welcome
- 00:46 ">00:46 Sponsor: Sentry
- 01:51 ">01:51 Uses performance issues
- 04:23 ">04:23 Understand Sloppy Code
- 10:17 ">10:17 Syntax website timestamp issue
- 12:56 ">12:56 Establish rules to fix sloppy code
- 16:35 ">16:35 Adding a feature, do you refactor an unrelated function?
- 23:07 ">23:07 How do you enforce rules?
- GitHub Actions
Tweet us your tasty treats
- Scott’s Instagram
- LevelUpTutorials Instagram
- Wes’ Instagram
- Wes’ Twitter
- Wes’ Facebook
- Scott’s Twitter
- Make sure to include @SyntaxFM in your tweets