Does Early Retirement Still Work With 2023 Inflation? Featuring Bill Bengen
Bill Bengen, who established the 4% safe maximum withdrawal rate (the rule on which most of financial planning relies), is a straight shooter, and his perspective on whether or not we’re currently in uncharted waters surprised me.
But fear not—there’s a little-discussed element of planning for early (as well as regular!) retirement that might be our saving grace. We’ll unpack that, too.
Learn more about our sponsor, Vin Social: https://www.vinsocial.vip
Learn more about our sponsor, TaxAct: https://www.taxact.com/moneywithkatie
Learn more about our sponsor, Fidelity: https://fidelity.com/stocksbytheslice
Transcripts can be found at podcast.moneywithkatie.com.
Mentioned in the Episode
- The 4% Rule by Bill Bengen: https://www.retailinvestor.org/pdf/Bengen1.pdf
- Our previous episode on the 4% Rule: https://podcast.moneywithkatie.com/the-most-dangerous-misconceptions-about-the-4-safe-withdrawal-rate/
Follow Along at Money with Katie: https://moneywithkatie.com/
Watch on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@MoneywithKatie
Follow Money with Katie!
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/moneywithkatie/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/moneywithkatie
Subscribe to The Money with Katie Newsletter
- Sign up for free today: https://www.morningbrew.com/money-with-katie/subscribe/2
Follow the Brew!
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/morningbrew/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MorningBrew
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@morningbrew
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices