Doomed to discuss AI
Author, journalist, travel writer & software engineer Jon Evans joins us to weigh in on the cultural history (and present-day sentiment) of AI doom. Along the way, we talk plausible Sci-Fi, ultrasound drug delivery, the maybe-evolving laws of physics & even weirder stuff.
Changelog++ members get a bonus 8 minutes at the end of this episode and zero ads. Join today!
- Tailscale – Simple, secure networks for teams of any scale. Built on WireGuard.
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com
- Fly.io – The home of Changelog.com — Deploy your apps and databases close to your users. In minutes you can run your Ruby, Go, Node, Deno, Python, or Elixir app (and databases!) all over the world. No ops required. Learn more at fly.io/changelog and check out the speedrun in their docs.
- Jon Evans – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Mastodon, Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Adam Stacoviak – Mastodon, Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Exadelic on Amazon
- Inside GitHub’s Arctic Code Vault
- A Study: Ancient Egyptians used sound waves in building pyramids
- Extropia’s Children Redux - by Jon Evans
- The Only Way to Deal With the Threat From AI? Shut It Down | Time
- Nick Jones
- Dennis E. Taylor
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!