Drew Barrymore ON: Reframing Society's Expectations of Love & How to Know When to Let Go of an Unproductive Relationship
You can order my new book 8 RULES OF LOVE at 8rulesoflove.com or at a retail store near you. You can also get the chance to see me live on my first ever world tour. This is a 90 minute interactive show where I will take you on a journey of finding, keeping and even letting go of love. Head to jayshettytour.com and find out if I'll be in a city near you. Thank you so much for all your support - I hope to see you soon.
Today, I am talking to Drew Barrymore. Drew is a talented actress, producer, and director, known for her roles in films such as "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial", "Charlie's Angels", and "50 First Dates." She made her acting debut at the age of six in the film "Altered States" and rose to fame as a child star in the 1982 film "E.T." She has since established herself as a leading lady in Hollywood and has also produced and directed several films. In addition to her successful career in the entertainment industry, she is also an author and a businesswoman, with her own production company and a cosmetics line. Currently, she hosts the The Drew Barrymore Show, which debuted in 2020 and has been renewed for a fourth season this year.
Drew shares her thoughts on being more empathetic, which means putting ourselves in others' shoes and treating them with kindness and compassion, why learning self-forgiveness is crucial for personal growth and healing, liberating or freeing yourself from mental, physical, or emotional constraints and can be achieved through self-awareness, self-care, and self-love. Prioritizing ourselves means taking care of our physical and mental well-being, setting boundaries, and making time for our own needs and wants.
It is important to remember that we cannot pour from an empty cup, and taking care of ourselves allows us to show up fully for others.
What We Discuss:
- 00:00:00 Intro
- 00:00:22 It was a new show and nobody wanted to talk
- 00:03:55 Starting out as a child
- 00:09:28 Being more kind and empathetic
- 00:16:55 Forgiveness and the ultimate form of liberation
- 00:23:50 Letting go of shame and guilt
- 00:27:14 Don’t stay stuck, get on with it
- 00:33:08 Having a sense of safety in your workplace
- 00:37:59 How do you receive genuine love?
- 00:49:13 Invest in yourself
- 00:53:46 Today, who do you want to be?
- 00:57:43 Your gut is your body’s compass
- Drew Barrymore | Twitter
- Drew Barrymore | Instagram
- Drew Barrymore | Facebook
- The Drew Barrymore Show | YouTube | TikTok
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.