EBB 257 - The Updated Evidence on Group B Strep: Part 2
In this episode, we continue to bring you the Updated Evidence on Group B Strep in Pregnancy. This is Part 2 of a 2-part series, where we talk about the evidence on alternative treatments for GBS and answer some of your FAQs about this hot topic.
In Part 2, we’ll be talking about:
- The “Other Risk Factor approach,”
- Alternatives to antibiotics for GBS, including Chlorhexidine and garlic,
- Topical use of human milk,
- Address frequently asked questions
- Review the Guidelines from 3 countries
We wrap up with the Bottom Line on the Updated Evidence on Group B Strep in Pregnancy.
Content Warning: GBS-related stillbirth, infant death, critical illness of newborns, vaccines, antibiotics, and racial disparities in GBS positive results and GBS disease in newborns.
References and Resources:
- For a full list of scientific references, see the blog post that goes along with this episode here.
- Find about more about colloidal silver here
- Learn more about Neonatal Sepsis here
- Learn more about the National Guidelines for screening and treating GBS in the USA, UK, and Canada:
Go to our YouTube channel to see video versions of the episode listed above!!
For more information and news about Evidence Based Birth®, visit www.ebbirth.com.
Find us on:
Ready to get involved?
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store