Embracing self-acceptance: Wellness, self-love, and daily disciplines
In honor of Men's Health Month, Ofosu and Leah talk with author and Army veteran SupaNova Slom about the importance of men's mental well-being and the practical first step to nurturing it: self-acceptance.
📲 Want to start your journey toward self-acceptance? Unlock your FREE YEAR of Balance today by downloading it from the App Store or Play Store: https://balanceapp.sng.link/Arat1/yqod/dyc1
▶️ Follow along on YouTube to watch this episode and more exclusive content: https://youtu.be/SzshjSxz13M
📚 More about SupaNova Slom: SupaNova is a holistic health educator, musician, Army veteran, and author. You can order his book, "Man Heal Thyself: The Wellness Warrior's Journey To Self Mastery," here: https://www.amazon.com/Man-Heal-Thyself-Wellness-Warriors/dp/B08Z2X28K7
🧘 About Balance: Well Balanced is co-hosted by meditation experts Ofosu and Leah, Balance’s Co-Heads of Meditation. Balance is a highly personalized meditation and sleep app that's been named Google's App of the Year and Apple's App of the Day. Completely free for the entire first year, Balance is helping 5 million+ people around the world improve their stress, sleep, focus, and mood.
🎧 What's in this episode:
- (00:00 ) The importance of self-acceptance in personal growth
- (02:43 ) The importance of self-acceptance in family and work roles
- (04:38 ) Practical tips for practicing self-acceptance: From self-evaluation to self-love
- (11:19 ) Meeting SupaNova Slom
- (12:24 ) The connection between self-acceptance and wellness: Insights from "Man Heal Thyself"
- (17:12 ) How self-acceptance facilitates personal development
- (18:31 ) Starting your self-acceptance journey with meditation