Ep. 139: Knowledge and Comprehension with Daniel Willingham and Barbara Davidson
In today’s episode, we discuss knowledge as a critical component of reading comprehension. We hear from author and professor Daniel Willingham, who shares research on the important role knowledge plays in comprehension. We also talk with Executive Director of Knowledge Matters Campaign, Barbara Davidson, who highlights strong curricula and resources related to knowledge-building ELA.
- Knowledge Matters Campaign website
- Knowledge Matters Campaign Twitter handle
- Books by Daniel Willingham
- Reading Rockets Q&A with Daniel Willingham
- Daniel Willingham Social Media
Connect with us
- Facebook and join our Facebook Group
Visit our website to stay connected with Melissa and Lori!
Helping teachers learn about science of reading, knowledge building, and high quality curriculum.