Ep. 140: K-2 Literacy Block Deep Dive
In today’s episode, we talk with a teacher and interventionist from Blount County, TN, Erin Metz. She provides an in depth walkthrough of her district’s K-2 instructional block time. She’ll share her strategic approach to working with students and teachers during small group instructional time - modeling how to use this time to reinforce accuracy, automaticity, build vocabulary and knowledge in order to solidify comprehension, and more.
- Erin Metz Small Group Time YouTube Video
- Beverly Tyner’s Lesson Plans
- Great Minds Wit & Wisdom ELA and Geodes
- Wilson Language Fundations
- Heggerty Phonemic Awareness
- ILA Maximizing Small Group Reading Instruction
Connect with us
- Facebook and join our Facebook Group
Visit our website to stay connected with Melissa and Lori!
Helping teachers learn about science of reading, knowledge building, and high quality curriculum.