Leo Laporte - The Tech Guy: 1954
The Twitter saga continues: you can no longer link to other social networks in your tweets! How The Tech Guy has evolved over the many years. Can you disable the password / pin screen after your computer wakes up? Can you direct a smart TV to default to a specific input rather than whichever device is active? How can you convert VHS tapes to a DVD or a digital file? Why aren't timestamps appearing with my text messages on my Android phone? Plus, conversations with Sam Abuelsamid, Chris Marquardt, and Rod Pyle!
- Apple backs out of NFL Sunday Ticket negotiations.
- On Twitter, you cannot link to other social networks like Facebook or Mastodon.
- John Carmack leaves Meta.
- Mike B calls in reminiscing about how The Tech Guy has evolved over the years.
- Sam Abuelsamid and the new Toyota Tundra & replacing the audio systems in newer vehicles.
- Can you disable the password / pin screen in Windows 11 after your computer wakes up?
- Is there a TV that allows you to set a default input rather than constantly changing when a device powers on?
- Is there a way or a program to recover deleted text messages?
- What are some good smart switches?
- Chris Marquardt and a trip down memory lane.
- Is there a program or an easy way to convert VHS tapes?
- How can YOU help someone with a tech question?
- Why aren't my timestamps showing up on my Android device?
- A caller shares The Eclipsophile: climate and weather for celestial events.
- Rod Pyle and the Soyuz crew on the International Space Station.
- And thanks to everyone who has listened to The Tech Guy on the radio over the years! Stay tuned for the Ask The Tech Guys podcast starting in January.
Host: Leo Laporte
Guests: Sam Abuelsamid, Chris Marquardt, and Rod Pyle
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
Show notes and links for this episode are available at: https://twit.tv/shows/ask-the-tech-guys/episodes/1954
Download or subscribe to this show at: https://twit.tv/shows/ask-the-tech-guys