In this Hasty Treat, Scott and Wes talk about the reasons why you should log errors, how it’s not just for debugging, where to save logs, and apps and packages to help with logging.
If you want to know what’s happening with your code, track errors and monitor performance with Sentry. Sentry’s Application Monitoring platform helps developers see performance issues, fix errors faster, and optimize their code health. Cut your time on error resolution from hours to minutes. It works with any language and integrates with dozens of other services. Syntax listeners new to Sentry can get two months for free by visiting Sentry.io and using the coupon code TASTYTREAT during sign up.
- 00:25 ">00:25 Welcome
- 01:37 ">01:37 Sponsor: Sentry
- 02:16 ">02:16 What is logging? Why log?
- 04:59 ">04:59 Logging isn’t just for debugging
- 08:22 ">08:22 What do we log?
- 13:34 ">13:34 What not to log
- 14:58 ">14:58 Development, staging, and production
- 17:36 ">17:36 Logging bots
- 19:33 ">19:33 Where to put logs
- 20:59 ">20:59 How to log
- Log Tail
- Paper Trail
- Sematext Logs