MLOps is alive and well
Worlds are colliding! This week we join forces with the hosts of the MLOps.Community podcast to discuss all things machine learning operations. We talk about how the recent explosion of foundation models and generative models is influencing the world of MLOps, and we discuss related tooling, workflows, perceptions, etc.
Changelog++ members save 2 minutes on this episode because they made the ads disappear. Join today!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com
- Fly.io – The home of Changelog.com — Deploy your apps and databases close to your users. In minutes you can run your Ruby, Go, Node, Deno, Python, or Elixir app (and databases!) all over the world. No ops required. Learn more at fly.io/changelog and check out the speedrun in their docs.
- Changelog++ – You love our content and you want to take it to the next level by showing your support. We’ll take you closer to the metal with extended episodes, make the ads disappear, and increment your audio quality with higher bitrate mp3s. Let’s do this!
- Demetrios Brinkmann – Twitter
- Mihail Eric – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Chris Benson – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Daniel Whitenack – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!
(00:07 ) - Welcome to Practical AI
(00:43 ) - Demetrios and Mihail
(01:54 ) - What is the MLOps Community?
(05:14 ) - Chris throws a hand grenade into the convo
(09:44 ) - MLOps vs DevOps when deploying
(15:30 ) - Ops vs experiment tracking
(16:43 ) - Where is MLOps going?
(25:57 ) - Is this even legal??
(32:22 ) - Sponsor: Changelog++
(33:21 ) - Is generative model bloat an issue?
(36:35 ) - MLOps' diverse uses
(42:52 ) - You are not Google
(54:07 ) - Wrap up
(56:07 ) - Outro