Nvidia: The GPU Company (1993-2006)
He wears signature leather jackets. He can bench press more than you. He makes cars that drive themselves. He’s cheated death — both corporate and personal — too many times to count, and he runs the 8th most valuable company in the world. Nope, he's not Elon Musk, he’s Jensen Huang — the most badass CEO in semiconductor history. Today we tell the first chapter of his and Nvidia’s incredible story. You’ll want to buckle up for this one!
This episode has video! You can watch it on Spotify (right in the main podcast interface) or on YouTube.
PSA: if you want more Acquired, you can follow our newly public LP Show feed here in the podcast player of your choice (including Spotify!).
- Thank you to our presenting sponsor for all of Season 10, Vanta! Vanta is the leader in automated security compliance – making SOC 2, HIPAA, GDPR, and more a breeze for startups and organizations of all sizes. You might say they’re like the “AWS of security and compliance”. ️ Everyone in the Acquired community can get 10% off using this link: https://bit.ly/acquiredvanta
- Thank you as well to Vouch and to SoftBank Latin America. You can learn more about them at:
- Shoot to Kill: https://www.forbes.com/global/2008/0107/070.html?sh=261e2068d077
- Episode sources: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wt5jSpqjsRuYU00pq_ABWTM0iJ68hjMceF9XrreYPko/edit?usp=sharing
- Starting Strength: https://startingstrength.com
- Elden Ring: https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/elden-ring/elden-ring
Note: Acquired hosts and guests may hold assets discussed in this episode. This podcast is not investment advice, and is intended for informational and entertainment purposes only. You should do your own research and make your own independent decisions when considering any financial transactions.