Paul's Take #4: From Darkness to Light: The Transformative Power of Vulnerability
- Personal narratives often begin in the darkest of places, but they can lead to incredible transformations and growth.
- Suppressing emotions and bullying ourselves can be detrimental to our well-being, so it's crucial to open up and share our struggles.
- Fatherhood can bring unexpected struggles, and it's important to address feelings of guilt and shame.
- Seeking support from trusted individuals, like Paul's wife, can make a significant difference during tough times.
- It's okay to be vulnerable, seek help, and embrace our humanity in the fight, even if the head hasn't caught up yet, as long as the heart is on board.
In This Episode:
- [00:33 ] The origin of Justin Wren's journey
- [01:47 ] Paul's struggle as a new father
- [03:31 ] The healing power of vulnerability
- [01:47 ] “We've all been at these dark places, whether it's because of something external, like a bully or sometimes it's the power or dangers of our own self-talk.”
- [02:59 ] “ Life isn't supposed to be easy. And sometimes when we stay in our heads and we never let things out, it's almost like we're bullying ourselves.”
- [04:45 ] “Whenever you feel like you're in a rock bottom place, whether it's self-inflicted or maybe something or someone from the outside world, bring it on you.”
Resources and Links
Win Monday Community (join here)
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store