Pizza pests, and securing your wearables
Surely you should be able to order pizza without being pestered for sex? And Carole takes a look at the what and why of wearables...
All this and more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault.
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
- One in three young people falling prey to ‘text pests’ as ICO calls for victims to come forward - ICO.
- My pizza order turned into a terrifying ordeal after creepy delivery driver stole my data & I was sent sinister messages - The Sun.
- Share your experience of unwanted contact after giving your personal information to a business for a legitimate reason - ICO.
- IoT, wearables and the new health insurance paradigm - IT-Online.
- Top 10 Innovative Wearable IoT Devices - IOT Design Pro.
- Explosive Growth Forecasted: IoT in Healthcare Market Set to Reach US$ 952.3 Billion by 2032 with a Remarkable CAGR of 18.0% - PharmiWeb.
- Sweat it out: Novel wearable biosensor for monitoring sweat electrolytes for use in healthcare and sports -Science Daily.
- New Apple Watch X Leaked: MAJOR Redesign & Magnetic Band System! -YouTube.
- Wearables | Privacy & security guide - Mozilla Foundation.
- 5 trending wearables in 2023 to look out for - Ignitec.
- Internet of Things Becomes Greater Focus for Pharma -Health Leaders media.
- Hospitals are selling treasure troves of medical data — what could go wrong? - The Verge.
- Opt out of sharing your health records - NHS.
- Legal lullabies - Drift asleep listening to Instagram's terms of service.
- The Sound: Mystery of Havana Syndrome.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Kolide – Kolide ensures that if your device isn’t secure it can’t access your cloud apps. It’s Device Trust for Okta. Watch the demo today!
- Beyond Identity – Enables companies with the ability to completely eliminate reliance on passwords and protect against password-based breaches, fraud, and ransomware attacks. Get a free demo.
SUPPORT THE SHOW:
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.