REBOOT: #372 Endocrine Emergencies featuring Dr. Sara Markley Webster
We’re taking a short summer break, but we’ll be back in September with brand-new episodes. Can’t wait? Join our Kashlak family at patreon.com/curbsiders for access to twice-monthly bonus episodes… there are already 9 of them available to feed your brain hole! Yummy!
In this episode, we discuss an overview of inpatient management of can’t miss endo emergencies. Our esteemed guest, Dr. Sara Markley Webster (Emory University, @smarkleywebster) walks us through identification, workup and management of adrenal crisis, myxedema coma, and thyroid storm.
Free CME for this episode at curbsiders.vcuhealth.org
Episodes | Subscribe | Spotify | Swag! | Top Picks | Mailing List | firstname.lastname@example.org | Free CME!
● Written, Produced, and Hosted by: Monee Amin, MD and Meredith Trubitt, MD
● Show Notes, Infographic and Cover Art: Caroline Coleman, MD
● Reviewer: Emi Okamoto, MD
● Showrunner: Matthew Watto MD, FACP; Paul Williams MD, FACP
● Technical Production: PodPaste
● Guest: Sara Markley Webster, MD
Go to grammarly.com/GO to download and learn more about GrammarlyGO.
Get a comprehensive view of locums and decides if its right for you at locumstory.com
Sponsor: Birch Living
Birch is giving 20% off ALL mattresses and 2 free eco-rest pillows at Birchliving.com/curb when you use code BIRCHPARTNER20!
CME Partner: VCU Health CE
The Curbsiders are partnering with VCU Health Continuing Education to offer FREE continuing education credits for physicians and other healthcare professionals. Visit curbsiders.vcuhealth.org.
● Intro, disclaimer, guest bio
● Guest one-liner, Picks of the Week*
● Case 1 from Kashlak
● Adrenal crisis identification, workup and management
● Case 2 from Kashlak
● Myxedema identification, workup and management
● Case 3 from Kashlak
● Thyroid storm identification, workup and management
Full transcript available HERE
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store