Rabbit Hole Recap: Bitcoin Week of 2021.03.15
This week Marty and Matt discuss:
- FTX negotiating naming rights to miami heat arena https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article249892678.html
- miner revenue priced in dollars hits all time high https://twitter.com/_Checkmatey_/status/1370901101403238400
- Kentucky passes tax breaks to bitcoin miners https://www.coindesk.com/kentucky-approves-bills-providing-incentives-for-crypto-miners
- Pakistani province experimenting with mining using hydro https://www.reuters.com/article/us-crypto-currency-pakistan/pakistani-province-plans-to-build-pilot-crypto-currency-mining-farms-idUSKBN2BA0KW
- Oakland Athletics bitcoin suites https://twitter.com/AthleticsPR/status/1371144942735609859
- Morgan Stanley wealth management now offering bitcoin funds https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/17/bitcoin-morgan-stanley-is-the-first-big-us-bank-to-offer-wealthy-clients-access-to-bitcoin-funds.html
- Signal now accepting bitcoin https://signal.org/donate/#cryptocurrency
- India attempted ban rumored https://www.reuters.com/article/us-india-cryptocurrency-ban-idUSKBN2B60R0
- JPMorgan says retail flows comparable to institutional https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-15/retail-bitcoin-traders-rival-wall-street-buyers-as-mania-builds
- Third coincenter letter to fincen about proposed enhanced kyc https://www.coincenter.org/coin-center-uses-additional-time-provided-by-fincen-to-file-another-comment-in-ongoing-surveillance-rulemaking/
- Binance probed by CFTC https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-12/crypto-exchange-binance-investigated-by-u-s-over-who-s-trading
- BitMEX cofounder Ben Delo surrenders and released on $20M bail https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-15/bitmex-founder-delo-surrenders-to-face-u-s-laundering-charges
- Coldcard v4.0.0 https://blockclockmini.com/firmware/
- Blockclock mini v1.0.8 https://blog.coinkite.com/version-4.0.0-released/
- HWI v2.0.0 https://github.com/bitcoin-core/HWI/releases/tag/2.0.0
- Nodl dojo v0.1.2c
- Rudefox Burrow v0.1.1 https://www.rudefox.io/burrow/quick-start.html
- Anthony Towns on UASF http://www.erisian.com.au/wordpress/2021/03/14/fixing-uasf
- Ryan Gentry on bitcoin governance https://ryanthegentry.medium.com/a-theory-of-bitcoin-governance-13510eff42a6
Shoutout to this week's sponsors.
Cash App. Start #stackingsats today. Use the promo code: "stackingsats" to receive $10 and contribute $10 to OWLS Lacrosse when you download the app.
Unchained Capital. Check out their white glove vault concierge service that will take you from zero to secure multisig setup in no time. Use the code TFTC and receive $50 off that package that includes 2 Trezor Model Ts and $1,000 in your vault.
HodlHodl. Lend at Hodl Hodl is a new non-custodial bitcoin backed lending platform, that allows peer to peer lending and borrowing between users, globally, anonymously & on your own terms. Create you offers & set your own terms on lend.hodlhodl.com
Braiins. Braiins are leaders in the mining industry; running Slush Pool, creating firmware to make miners more profitable (Braiins OS+), and building out Stratum V2 to help further decentralize mining and make Bitcoin more robust. Check out their mining profitability calculator.