Rabbit Hole Recap: Bitcoin Week of 2021.04.19
This week Marty and Matt discuss:
- Venmo adds bitcoin IOU support, no withdrawals
- WeWork accepting bitcoin as payment and will hodl
- Coin Center responds strongly against FATF
- Turkish Gov attempting bitcoin payments ban
- Turkish bitcoin exhange Thodex apparent exit scam
- OKEx adds lightning support
- Cashapp raises withdrawal minimum to 100K sats frok 10K sats
- Bitcoin Core v0.21.1 RC 1 Taproot Speedy Trial client released
- UASF Taproot client released
- Aaron Van Wirdum write up on the two taproot clients
- myNode v0.2.30
- Start9 adds Sphinx, Onion pages, Photoview
- Square and Ark argue that bitcoin is good for the environment
- Former comptroller of the currency Brian Brooks new CEO of Binance US
- Former CFTC Chair joins BlockFi Board
- The Intelligent Bitcoin Miner, Part II
- Signal hacks hacking company Cellebrite
Shoutout to this week's sponsors.
Cash App. Start #stackingsats today. Use the promo code: "stackingsats" to receive $10 and contribute $10 to OWLS Lacrosse when you download the app.
Unchained Capital. Check out their white glove vault concierge service that will take you from zero to secure multisig setup in no time. Use the code TFTC and receive $50 off that package that includes 2 Trezor Model Ts and $1,000 in your vault.
HodlHodl. Lend at Hodl Hodl is a new non-custodial bitcoin backed lending platform, that allows peer to peer lending and borrowing between users, globally, anonymously & on your own terms. Create you offers & set your own terms on lend.hodlhodl.com
Braiins. Braiins are leaders in the mining industry; running Slush Pool, creating firmware to make miners more profitable (Braiins OS+), and building out Stratum V2 to help further decentralize mining and make Bitcoin more robust. Check out their mining profitability calculator.