Rich Girl Roundup: How Does Credit Work?
Understanding credit can be tricky—but it's an invaluable part of our financial toolboxes since it affects our ability to buy a home, access loans, etc. Katie and Henah break down the history of credit, how it works, tips to keep in mind while building your credit score, and more.
Welcome back to #RichGirlRoundup, Money with Katie's weekly segment where Katie and MWK's Executive Producer Henah answer your burning money questions. Each month, we'll put out a call for questions on her Instagram (@moneywithkatie). New episodes every week.
Mentioned in the Episode
- Consumer Finance statistic on 26M Americans being credit invisible: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/about-us/newsroom/cfpb-report-finds-26-million-consumers-are-credit-invisible/
- How Your Credit is Calculated: https://www.equifax.com/personal/education/credit/score/how-is-credit-score-calculated/
- Annual Credit Report: https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action
- Credit Karma: https://creditkarma.com/
- How to Save for Your Child's Future: https://link.chtbl.com/u7JzWqOz
Read Money with Katie: https://moneywithkatie.com/
Follow Money with Katie!
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/moneywithkatie
Twitter - https://twitter.com/moneywithkatie
TikTok - https://www.tiktok.com/@moneywithkatie
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices