Scoring Stranger Things with Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein
We recently deconstructed how Kate Bush’s 1985 song “Running Up That Hill” has found itself at the center of culture due to a placement in the Netflix, eighties, horror, sci-fi show, Stranger Things. For that episode we excerpted an interview with the composers of the show who shared great insights on how they created the iconic theme song and spooky soundscape for the most streamed show of 2022. But we want to share the full conversation with you because they have equally cheeky as well as valuable musical offerings to share. Surprisingly, this show steeped in 80s nostalgia, has a more contemporary soundtrack than you you might think.
- Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein - Stranger Things, Photos in the Woods, He’s Here, Soldiers, Agents, Starcourt
- Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill
- Tangerine Dream - Sorcerer Theme Song
- John Carpenter - Night
- Vangelis - Main Titles (Blade Runner)
- S U R V I V E - A.H.B.
- S U R V I V E - High Rise
- Merzbow - Woodpecker No.1
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices