We’ve been hearing about “serverless” CPUs for some time, but it’s taken a while to get to serverless GPUs. In this episode, Erik from Banana explains why its taken so long, and he helps us understand how these new workflows are unlocking state-of-the-art AI for application developers. Forget about servers, but don’t forget to listen to this one!
Changelog++ members save 2 minutes on this episode because they made the ads disappear. Join today!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com
- Fly.io – The home of Changelog.com — Deploy your apps and databases close to your users. In minutes you can run your Ruby, Go, Node, Deno, Python, or Elixir app (and databases!) all over the world. No ops required. Learn more at fly.io/changelog and check out the speedrun in their docs.
- Changelog++ – You love our content and you want to take it to the next level by showing your support. We’ll take you closer to the metal with extended episodes, make the ads disappear, and increment your audio quality with higher bitrate mp3s. Let’s do this!
- Erik Dunteman – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Chris Benson – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Daniel Whitenack – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Banana - Scale your machine learning inference and training on serverless GPUs.
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!
(00:07 ) - Welcome to Practical AI
(00:43 ) - Erik Dunteman
(02:34 ) - What does serverless mean to you?
(07:17 ) - What's the secret sauce?
(09:30 ) - How does serverless affect our workflows?
(13:21 ) - Sponsor: Changelog++
(14:21 ) - What languages do you prefer?
(17:20 ) - The Banana workflow
(20:33 ) - The necessary minimum skills to use Banana
(24:51 ) - A typical win
(26:20 ) - Incompatible workflows
(30:11 ) - Future Banana-AWS compatability?
(32:53 ) - Tips to choose your GPU
(35:23 ) - What's the future of serverless?
(37:46 ) - Outro