Streaming goes up, Zoom comes down
The Verge's Nilay Patel, David Pierce, and Alex Cranz break down the chaotic and increasingly more expensive state of streaming video. Are we just recreating cable TV? And afterwards, the crew explores the wild world enterprise software.
- Disney Plus and Hulu are about to get even more expensive
- The Emmy Awards are officially delayed because of the writers and actors strikes
- Disney is ‘actively exploring’ ways to crack down on password sharing
- What does Bob Iger think about selling Disney to Apple?
- Paramount says it has a plan to weather the Hollywood strikes.
- Barbie earns $1 billion at the box office worldwide
- Verizon will soon raise prices on certain unlimited plans — yes, again
- Slack’s redesign: new DM and Activity sections and more features in the messaging app
- Verizon is shutting down BlueJeans, which it bought for $400 million
- Zoom says its new AI tools aren’t stealing ownership of your content
- The LK-99 ‘superconductor’ went viral — here’s what the experts think
- Cadillac’s Escalade IQ is the next GM vehicle to lack Apple CarPlay
- MrBeast’s burger company is suing him for $100 million
- You can now verify your Threads profile on Mastodon
Sign up for Installer, our weekly guide to all the best and Verge-iest stuff on the internet
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices