TWiT 893: She's a Gorgy - Ethereum merge, GPU demand shifts, Adobe's Figma deal, GTA 6 hack
Ethereum merge, GPU demand shifts, Adobe's Figma deal, GTA 6 hack
- Ethereum activates The Merge as it shifts to proof of stake.
- No One Is Profitable': GPU Mining Faces Dark Days After Ethereum Merge.
- GeForce GPUs are 80% of EVGA's revenue—but it's cutting ties with Nvidia anyway.
- Farthest Frontier on Steam.
- Nvidia is about to make a big announcement during a difficult time.
- Some iPhone 14 Pro customers are getting their preorders delayed by Apple.
- The iPhone 14 Index: How much of a yearly salary you need to spend to afford an iPhone 14 around the world.
- Adobe (ADBE) Agrees to Buy Figma in $20 Billion Software Deal.
- The career rise, fall, and return of Adam Neumann, the controversial WeWork cofounder who is back with another real-estate startup.
- iPhone 14 is eSIM-only in the US.
- We Spoke With the Last Person Standing in the Floppy Disk Business.
- Floppy Disks Are Still Used for 1,900 Government Procedures In Japan. They Must Go, Its Digital Minister Says.
- Apple adds souped-up period and ovulation tracking to Apple Watch Series 8.
- Google cancels half the projects at its internal R&D group Area 120.
- Massive GTA 6 gameplay video leak depicts male and female playable characters.
- Google loses appeal over illegal Android app bundling, EU reduces fine to €4.1 billion.
- Fifth Circuit rules in favor of Texas law on social media regulation.
- Why Do All These 20-Somethings Have Closed Captions Turned On?
Host: Leo Laporte
Guests: Carolina Milanesi, Alex Wilhelm, and Mike Elgan
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit