TWiT 936: Leo is Awful - Microsoft Activision victory, Amazon Prime Day, writer's strike, Taylor Swift
Microsoft Activision victory, Amazon Prime Day, writer's strike, Taylor Swift
- FTC loses appeals court bid to temporarily block Microsoft-Activision deal.
- Microsoft wins FTC fight to buy Activision Blizzard.
- Amazon Prime Day Drives Online Sales Up 6.1%, Lags Estimate.
- Here's what shoppers bought on Amazon Prime Day 2023.
- Amazon sues EU in first US challenge to Digital Services Act.
- Elon Musk says Twitter cash flow is still negative amid 50% drop in ad revenue.
- Congressional Report Finds Meta and Tax Prep Companies "Recklessly" Shared Taxpayers' Data.
- Can AI solve the problems with social media?
- Kathy Baxter: Here's what could go wrong if we don't take AI safety seriously.
- Sarah Silverman is suing OpenAI and Meta for copyright infringement.
- The shady world of Brave selling copyrighted data for AI training.
- Hollywood studios proposed AI contract that would give them likeness rights 'for the rest of eternity'.
- Fran Drescher Slams Bob Iger's 'Repugnant' and 'Tone Deaf' Strike Comments: If I Were Disney, 'I Would Lock Him Behind Doors'.
- Oppenheimer actors walk out of UK premiere as Hollywood stars join writer strike.
- How is TikTok doing right now?
- That dangerous TikTok trend on the Today Show? It was fake.
- First Amendment org challenges restrictions on TikTok at Texas universities.
- Taylor Swift's Re-Recorded 'Speak Now' Debuts at No. 1 on Billboard 200 With 2023's Biggest Week.
Host: Leo Laporte
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit