TWiT 940: Chia Fresca - Black Hat, DEF CON, AI Bill of Rights, BlueJeans, Zoom AI disclosure, Snoopers' Charter
Black Hat, DEFCON, AI Bill of Rights, BlueJeans, Zoom AI disclosure, Snoopers' Charter
- Oppenheimer and IMAX.
- AI Causes Real Harm. Let's Focus on That over the End-of-Humanity Hype.
- Blueprint for an AI Bill of Rights.
- The Feds showed up in force at Black Hat.
- The U.K. Government Is Very Close To Eroding Encryption Worldwide .
- America's original hacking supergroup creates a free framework to improve app security.
- Electoral Commission apologises for security breach involving UK voters' data.
- AI 'red teams' race to find bias and harms in chatbots like ChatGPT.
- New 'Downfall' Flaw Exposes Valuable Data in Generations of Intel Chips.
- An Apple Malware-Flagging Tool Is 'Trivially' Easy to Bypass.
- Maui Wildfire Relief Fund.
- Want to pwn a satellite? Turns out it's surprisingly easy.
- CISA boss says US alliance with Ukraine over past year is closer than Five Eyes.
- Zoom AI tools trained using some customer data, updated terms say.
- From $40 billion to 'going concern' — WeWork warns of possible bankruptcy.
- I Would Rather See My Books Get Pirated Than This (Or: Why Goodreads and Amazon Are Becoming Dumpster Fires).
- BlueJeans, Verizon's Google Meet competitor, is shutting down.
- Curiosity Rover Finds 'Striking' Evidence of Habitable Seasons on Mars.
- Norway fines Meta 1M crowns per day over behavioural ads feud.
- E.U. slaps Meta with record $1.3 billion fine for data privacy violations.
- Rest in peace Bram Moolenaar, author of Vim and hero of many developers.
- Rhoda Karpatkin, Who Led Consumer Reports for Decades, Dies at 93.
- MrBeast Facing $100 Million Lawsuit After Dissing Own Burgers.
- Travis Kalanick expands 'dark kitchens' venture across Latin America.
- Crypto's Next Craze? Orbs That Scan Your Eyeballs.
Host: Leo Laporte
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit