The Essentials: Making Sound Decisions
Do you find it tough to make decisions? Do you get stuck coming up with options (or overwhelmed by too many of them)? Or maybe you worry about how people will take your decision and if they’ll disagree with it? Do you often grapple with guilt or regret after making a final call?
A dentist who directs a public health clinic wants to gain confidence in her ability to make sound decisions. Behavioral scientist Leslie John shares methods for not overthinking, preempting pushback, and making peace with a tough call.
Leslie John is a behavioral scientist and professor at Harvard Business School.
- “Making Great Decisions,” by Women at Work
- HBR Guide to Making Better Decisions, by Harvard Business Review
- “How to Make a High-Stakes Decision,” by Amy Gallo
- “How to Deliver Bad News to Your Employees,” by Amy Gallo
- “How to Make Great Decisions, Quickly,” by Martin G. Moore
Sign up for the Women at Work newsletter.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org