The Shooting at the El Paso Walmart (Part 2)
On August 3, 2019, a 21-year-old gunman walked into the Walmart in El Paso, Texas and killed 23 people. The shooting was the deadliest attack on Latinos in modern American history and considered an act of domestic terrorism. Saadia and Asad share the second part of the story.
CBS News Broadcast Segment - Shooting Survivor
CBS News Broadcast Segment - Beto O’Rourke Statement
El Paso Times - August 4, 2019
El Paso Times - August 7, 2019
El Paso Times - August 9, 2019
Department Of Justice - Hate Crime Laws
Office Of Public Affairs - Department Of Justice
The Texas Tribune
The New York Times - August 3, 2019
The New York Times - August 4, 2019
The New York Times - February 8, 2023
ABC News Broadcast Segment
KENS 5 Broadcast Segment
The Sun Broadcast Segment
The Inconvenient Truth
Global Project Against Hate And Extremism
Counter Extremism Project - Patrick Crusius
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- To help support survivors and all those impacted by the August 3rd tragedy, you can donate to the nonprofit organization One Fund El Paso.
- To support children who lost a parent to this tragic shooting, you can donate to the CEA Survivors en Acción Scholarship Fund.
- And for all those who wish to take part in the fight to disarm hate and stop gun violence, you can donate to the nonprofit organization Everytown For Gun Safety.
Hosted by Saadia Khan and Asad Butt.
Contact us: email@example.com
For advertising opportunities, please email PodcastPartnerships@Studio71us.com
- Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast for free wherever you're listening or by using this link: https://bit.ly/InvisibleHatePod
- If you like the show, telling a friend about it would be amazing! You can text, email, Tweet, or send this link to a friend: https://bit.ly/InvisibleHatePod
- Follow us on Instagram and Twitter
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices