Thinking outside the box of code
Leslie Lamport is a computer scientist & mathematician who won ACM’s Turing Award in 2013 for his fundamental contributions to the theory and practice of distributed and concurrent systems. He also created LaTeX and TLA+, a high-level language for “writing down the ideas that go into the program before you do any coding.”
Changelog++ members save 7 minutes on this episode because they made the ads disappear. Join today!
- Tailscale – Simple, secure networks for teams of any scale. Built on WireGuard.
- Sentry – Watch Lazar Nikolov’s livestream series on YouTube at youtube.com/@nikolovlazar. Use the code
changelogand get the team plan FREE for three (3) months.
- Leslie Lamport - A.M. Turing Award Laureate
- The Man Who Revolutionized Computer Science With Math - YouTube
- TLA+ Helps Programmers Squash Bugs Before Coding - IEEE Spectrum
The TLA+ Home Page
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!